Carbon monoxide, also known as CO, is called the "Invisible Killer" because it's a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. More than 150 people in the Unites States die every year from accidental non-fire related CO poisoning associated with consumer products, including generators. Other products include faulty, improperly-used or incorrectly-vented fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces, stoves, water heaters and fireplaces.

Click on the link below for additional information and safety video's, courtesy of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

https://www.cpsc.gov/Safety-Education/Safety-Education-Centers/Carbon-Monoxide-Information-Center

If your CO alarm sounds and you are not sure if there is a problem, call your local fire department for a response.  Dialing 9-1-1 is also appropriate to request the fire department.  The call taker will ask if anyone is feeling ill.  You should keep all windows and doors shut before you exit the home.  By doing this will allow the fire department to get a more accurate reading of CO.

© 2023 by The Plan. Proudly created with Wix.com